With 2017 looking bright, here’s to some of the best 2016 moments that got us here.
- HAPTA was able to do more with improved budgeting and revenue.
- Our 2016 Spring Conference was “hip” on Maui and included bylaw changes such as PTA full voting.
Committees gained direction as our leaders stepped confidently:
- A Dry Needling Task Force formed and the task force chair Marco Adamé, who is also the Practice Committee chair received the APTA Emerging Leader Award.
- Abi Leddy took over as chair of the Education Committee and brought stroke care to our Fall Conference. Her fresh approach on the Legislative Committee rolled with the United Spinal Association‘s annual Roll On Capitol Hill in Washington, DC where she helped present the Congressional Bronze Star Award to Hawaii Sen. Mazie Hironi.
- During National Physical Therapy Month and PT Day of Service in October the Public Relations Committee put on a 1K race to benefit Rehab Hospital and HAPTA also had PTDOS events across the state.
- The Reimbursement and Legislative Committees worked together to keep PT reimbursement for workers’ comp cases from being decreased!
- The Legislative Committee helped HI PTs get added to the decision-making team for concussed athletes and contracted with Lobbyist Joy Gold.
- We are again looking for a PTA Caucus Representative so let us know if you are interested in that – or in participating in any of our committees.
January 2017 brings three new eval codes to start off this new year with a bang! Go to www.hapta.org for info and for other learning resources.
Our 2017 strategy is well thought out. We head into the year with a new mission and vision. A cohesive, dependable HAPTA will pursue many endeavors both big and small. You can trust HAPTA to be there for your questions, answers and resources along the way. As reelected president, I will use familiarity and our teamwork to bring HAPTA into new places.
Thank you to new leaders and returning strongholds. I could thank so many individuals for many truly great actions in 2016 but I’m aiming tight. So my thanks go out to each of you. Let’s keep it up, as we grow better together every year.
I hope you, and all of our members and partners, will find success in 2017. Our members are an important part of our success. Thank you for your support.
Happy 2017 to you and to the Hawaii PT profession.